We are so thrilled to be honored by WWD Beauty Inc as Newcomer of the Year. These prestigious awards are handed out once a year and the recipients are hand picked by WWD editors for their achievements in the beauty industry. The Hair Rules founding partners, Dickey, Kara Young, and Kristy Engels were on hand at The Four Seasons Restaurant in NYC to accept the award. Of course, we couldn’t have done it without your support, we thank you. We look forward to continuing to spread our multi-textural education further in the coming years.
WWD article excerpted here:
The honorary chairman of Shiseido Co. Ltd., Yoshiharu Fukuhara, was presented with the Visionary Award on Thursday morning at the 11th annual WWD Beauty Inc Awards breakfast at The Four Seasons in New York City. Carsten Fischer, Shiseido’s corporate executive officer, accepted the award on Fukuhara’s behalf.
“Yoshiharu Fukuhara has brought leadership into unknown territories,” said Fischer, “and has communicated to a new generation.”
Fukuhara said in a videotaped response, “Today the world is in a state of confusion as it has been unable to find a model for new growth. To help us emerge from this state, everyone involved in the cosmetics industry must use their work to propose new values to move society forward in a positive fashion.”
In a room packed with beauty’s key power players, among the attendees were a bevy of Lauders including Leonard A. Lauder, chairman emeritus of the Estée Lauder Cos. Inc.; Ronald Lauder, chairman of Clinique Laboratories and his wife, Jo Carole Lauder. Also in attendance was Fabrizio Freda, president and ceo of the Estée Lauder Cos.; Frédéric Rozé, president and ceo of L’Oréal USA; Alan Ennis, president and ceo of Revlon Inc.; Heidi Manheimer, ceo of Shiseido America; Lily Garfield, founder and ceo of Cos Bar USA, and Jane Hertzmark Hudis, global brand president of the Estée Lauder Cos.
But the recipients weren’t the only one giving thanks. Gina Sanders, Fairchild Fashion Media president and chief executive officer, kicked off the morning with a video honoring WWD’s executive beauty editor, Pete Born, and his 35 years at the company.
Here is a full the list of the winners:
• Product of the Year, Mass: Garnier Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfector BB Cream (color cosmetics), Avon Anew Clinical Pro Line Eraser Treatment (skin), Pantene Expert Collection (hair).
• Product of the Year, Prestige: Nars Andy Warhol Collection (color cosmetics), La Mer The Moisturizing Soft Cream (skin), Lancôme La vie est belle (fragrance).
• Brand of the Year: L’Oréal Paris (mass), Yves Saint Laurent Beauté (prestige).
• Newcomer of the Year: Hair Rules (mass), Ciaté (prestige).
• Retailer of the Year: Family Dollar (mass), Selfridges (prestige), Cos Bar (speciality).
• Launch of the Year: Red Carpet Manicure (mass), Aerin (prestige).
• Ad Campaign of the Year: Benefit Cosmetics’ “Glamouriety.”
• Marketer of the Year: Gina Boswell, executive vice president, personal care Unilever (mass); Jane Hertzmark Hudis, global brand president of Estée Lauder (prestige).
• Corporate Social Responsibility Award: Groupe Clarins.
• Digital Innovator of the Year: Revlon (mass), Sephora (prestige).
• Creative Influencer of the Year: Frédéric Malle.